Ten Things I’m Thankful For
On a recent trip to Sierra Leone, I had the privilege of meeting an eighty-five year old retired professor who actually received part of his university education in Western Canada. It is not often that you get to sit in the presence of a godly man who exudes passion and displays God’s love, as we did the day we had lunch in his home.
During our dinner table conversations, he shared with us that one of the things that keeps his passion alive is his final prayer of the day before he retires for the night. He always takes time to review his day, talk to God, and thank Him for ten blessings of the day that has just passed.
So today, on this Canadian Thanksgiving weekend, I want to take time to make a list of ten things I am thankful for.
1) I am thankful for my wife, Marie-José, and the fact that our mutual love for each other grows with each passing day. Thanks for your love, the laughs, and the lasting memories we are making together.
2) I am thankful for our wonderful children, Stephanie, Jonathan, and his wife Julia, who love God with a passion, and have relentless work ethics in their respective careers.
3) I am thankful for a spiritual heritage that has been passed down for three generations and now MJ and I are able to carry it through to our own children.
4) I am thankful for a brother and his wife who have always been there for me. Keith and Linda, the untimely loss of Mom and Dad has only brought us that much closer over the years.
5) I am thankful for in-laws who love me as if I was one of their own. Maman and Papa, you are incredible people who have shown me familial love as if I was a son.
6) I am thankful for friends who are more like family. True friends are rare to find and MJ and I are blessed with some of the choicest!
7) I am thankful for a lifetime of ministry. I can’t think of anything that I would want to do more than what God called me to as a sixteen year old teenager.
8) I am thankful for the privilege that MJ and I have to live on African soil. Thank you to everyone who makes us feel so welcome at our home away from home.
9) I am thankful for a full life that has allowed me to do more than I ever dreamed could be accomplished in a lifetime. There are no words!
10) I am thankful that I know my Redeemer and the fact that He loves me in spite of my imperfections.
Why don’t you take time before the Thanksgiving Weekend is over to make your own top ten list of things you are thankful for.
Until next time…