Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /homepages/25/d593886667/htdocs/clickandbuilds/MyMondayMusings/wp-includes/post-template.php on line 284

Pieces of the Puzzle

Six weeks ago, when I discovered that I had cancer, I told  MJ that life felt like pieces of a puzzle in a box. I suggested that we empty the box, spread it on the table, and start putting the puzzle together one piece at a time. There was a sense that one day it will form a beautiful picture.

Since then, we have watched as God has literally helped us to fit pieces together in mind boggling and faith building ways. It would take multiple blogs to describe each piece and explain how they connect together. Everything from closing the chapter of our life in South Africa to being blessed with some of the finest medical care that anyone could ask for. Slowly but surely, the picture is coming together.

After weeks of appointments, scans, tests, and x-rays, another piece will be added as chemo begins on Friday. The decision to start chemo before surgery is allowing one of the pieces of the puzzle (a tumour in my liver) to shrink in size so that surgery will be less complicated.

At times, some of the pieces seem out of place. They seem more like misfits, like finding out I need to do an emergency root canal the day before chemo starts. However, what seems like a misfit can be God’s way of preventing something far more serious in the future.

MJ and I continue to hold tightly to the right hand of our Heavenly Father, the Healer. We thank God for being surrounded by such a tremendous medical team. We are equally thankful for the incredible army of people who have told us they are praying. There are few words to adequately describe how overwhelming and humbling it is to be lifted so high in prayer. Prayer will guide the medical team and prayer will move God’s hand so that His will will be done on earth as it is in heaven.

Although there are many pieces of the puzzle still on the table, we are confident of what the picture will look like in the future because we already see how it is coming together in the present.

Just a reminder, that whatever my lot, God is still showering me with peace because it is well with my soul!

Until next time…

Don

7 Comments

• Gene Reif

July 8, 2019

Thank you, Don, for the update! God doesn’t make mistakes, as evidenced by your musings! I’ll be praying with you, and for you both through all of this!

• Cornel & Janet

July 9, 2019

We are praying for you and the family God is in control.

• Vanessa Vieira

July 9, 2019

Our God never fails! Praying for the miracle in your life. God is with you all the time but on those difficulties moments He hold our hands.

• John & Ruth

July 9, 2019

Good morning, Don. Lovely to read your musings-from-the-heart today on a very still sunny morning at Cobourg. The high water level on Lake Ontario has caused a lot of erosion on stormy days, as you may know. But last week, having the grandkids and fam around for a little 50th Anniversary celebration, we found that the high water was also clean water! And slightly warmer water! And provided some spots for a wake-up dive off the shore! The unexpected blessings of high water! Praying such for you today. You are often in our thoughts and regularly in our prayers.

• Terri

July 9, 2019

Hi Pastor Mann, as someone who has gone through it, I stand in the gap in prayer with you and your family. It was truly the prayers of the people who prayed for me that kept me strong and it was God’s hand that I felt everyday holding me and giving me courage. You prayed for me at Trinity during my illness and I felt God’s healing power come over me like a warm blanket as you prayed for me. I will always be grateful for your prayer of faith. I have no doubt that He will do the same for you. May God bless you and keep you in His presence always.

• Keith Mann

July 10, 2019

Hey Bro. Love you much….Pray for you often….Trusting with you for God’s healing, His will and His purpose.

Keith and Linda

• Santina

July 11, 2019

Hi Pastor Mann,

I just went through a past year of breast cancer and like you the puzzle just came together in perfect fit just like we know our God would be. But 2 weeks ago I was terribly ill, hit with everything you could think of, gasto, flu, headaches, cough and fever. So I went to see my fanily Dr., She sent me to have an xray. The result was not very encouraging, they had found a 3cm mass.
    We asked for prayer through family and friends and last Saturday this is what God gave me; and I give to you:
    2 Chronicles 20:17 New International Version (NIV)
    17 You will not have to fight this battle. Take up your positions; stand firm and see the deliverance the Lord will give you, Judah and Jerusalem. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Go out to face them tomorrow, and the Lord will be with you.’”

I’ve been followed by a pulmonary Dr., so yesterday I went to see him. He asked that I have another xray done. When I went in his office with my daughter, he told me he wasn’t sure what they had seen in xray the week before but this new one had nothing, I just so happened to have a copy of the cd with my results and when he compared them he was dumbfounded and could not understand what had happened and told us he had no explanation, but in the new xray there was NOTHING!! All I can say to God be the glory! My family and I are believing and standing in the gap with you and your family!! Love Santina